BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 6, 2008

SMOKEY MOUNTAIN MEMORIES - DAVID ARCHULETA

You ought to go north somebody told usCause the air is filled with gold dustAnd fortune falls like snow flakes in your handsNow I don't recall who said itBut we'd lived so long on creditAnd so we headed out to find our promised land

Just poor Smoky Mountains farm folkWith nothing more than high hopesSo we hitched our station wagon to a starBut our dreams all fell in on usCause there was no land of promiseThough it's a stuggle just keepin' sight of who you are

Oh and these northern nights are drearyAnd my southern heart is wearyAs I wonder how the old folks are back homeBut I know that they all love meAnd they're all thinking of meThe Smoky Mountains memories keep me strong

You know I've been thinkin' a whole lot latelyAbout what's been and what awaits meIt takes all I've got to give what life demandsYou go insane if you give in to itLife's a mill and I've been through itI'm just thankful I'm creative with my hands

Oh and these northern nights they're drearyAnd my southern eyes are tearyAs I wonder how the old folks are back homeBut I'll keep leanin' on my JesusHe'll love and guide and lead usThe Smoky Mountains memories keep me strong

If I'll keep looking to the fatherKeep our heads above the waterWhile the Smoky Mountains memories keep me strong

0 comments: